What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a clear aligner system used to straighten teeth. It is an alternative to traditional metal braces. Invisalign uses a series of clear, removable aligners that are custom-made for your teeth. As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth gradually move into the desired position.
The Invisalign system is virtually invisible, so most people won’t even know you’re wearing them. And since the aligners are removable, you can eat and drink what you want during treatment. Plus, brushing and flossing are no problem. You just remove the aligners and brush and floss like normal.
The Invisalign system has been proven to be effective in straightening teeth. In a clinical study, Invisalign was shown to be effective in treating both simple and complex cases. Visit a dental clinic in Moorooka for more information.
How Does Invisalign Work?
Invisalign treatment involves a series of clear, removable aligners that gradually move your teeth into the desired position. Each aligner is worn for about two weeks before being replaced by the next in the series.
The entire treatment process usually takes about a year, though it can vary depending on the individual case.
Invisalign clear aligners are made from a smooth, comfortable plastic that is virtually invisible when worn. They are also removable, so you can eat and drink whatever you want and brush and floss normally.
The biggest advantage of Invisalign over traditional braces is that they are much less noticeable. This makes them a good option for people who are self-conscious about their appearance or who want to avoid the “metal mouth” look.
Invisalign is also generally more comfortable than braces. There are no wires or brackets to rub against your gums or cheeks, and the aligners can be removed for eating, drinking, and cleaning.
If you are considering Invisalign treatment, the first step is to schedule a consultation with an orthodontist or dentist who offers the treatment. They will assess your smile and bite to see if Invisalign is a good option for you.
If you are a good candidate for Invisalign, the next step is to get fitted for your aligners. The orthodontist or dentist will take impressions of your teeth, which will be used to create your custom aligners.
Once your aligners are ready, you will need to wear them for at least 22 hours a day to see results. You will need to see the orthodontist or dentist for regular check-ups to ensure that your treatment is on track.
Overall, Invisalign is a convenient and effective way to straighten your teeth and improve your smile.
What Are The Benefits of Invisalign?
If you are considering whether or not to get Invisalign, then you may be wondering what the benefits are. Invisalign is a clear aligner system that is used to straighten teeth. Unlike traditional braces, Invisalign is virtually invisible and can be removed for eating and cleaning.
There are many benefits of Invisalign, which is why it is such a popular choice for those looking to straighten their teeth. Some of the benefits of Invisalign include:
- Invisibility: One of the biggest benefits of Invisalign is that the aligners are virtually invisible. This means that you can straighten your teeth without anyone knowing that you are doing so. This is a huge benefit for adults and teens who are self-conscious about their appearance and do not want to wear traditional braces.
- Removability: Another great benefit of Invisalign is that the aligners can be removed. This means that you can take them out for eating and cleaning. This is a huge benefit as it means that you do not have to worry about food getting stuck in your braces or about not being able to brush your teeth properly.
- Comfort: Invisalign aligners are made from a comfortable, smooth material that will not irritate your gums or cheeks as traditional braces can. This means that you can wear Invisalign for long periods of time without having to worry about discomfort.
- Fewer office visits: Because Invisalign is a self-contained system, you will not need to visit the orthodontist as often as you would if you were wearing traditional braces. This means that you can save time and money on office visits.
- Improved oral health: Because Invisalign aligners are removable, you can brush and floss your teeth more easily than you can with traditional braces. This means that you are less likely to develop cavities and other oral health problems.
If you are considering straightening your teeth, then Invisalign is a great option to consider. The benefits of Invisalign make it a popular choice for those looking for a discreet, comfortable, and easy to use teeth straightening system.
Back to top: How Does Clear Aligners Work?